Thursday, July 18, 2013

Working on Speed

Yesterday was another jam-packed day. My husband had to go into work for a couple of hours and I thought I'd take the time to sneak in a workout. Of course, by the time I got my youngest down for a nap and my workout gear on he was pulling back into the driveway. I was still able to go to the gym but the hubby wanted Indian food for lunch and asked if I could make my workout quick so we'd be able to make it to the restaurant before they stopped serving lunch. I decided to go for speed rather than distance.



I did three miles at an average pace of 8 minutes 6 seconds per mile. My first mile is always the slowest (I think it was 8 min 41 sec) and then I get faster as I keep going. Which means my last mile is always a sprint. I guess I will have to start out a little quicker if I want to shave some time off my runs but I worry that I won't have enough energy to finish if I do it that way. Anyone else have that problem?

For breakfast I made one of my other morning favorites: baked oatmeal. This recipe for Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal, from Chocolate Covered Katie, is awesome! Sometimes I add blueberries, strawberries, or even mini chocolate chips to it to mix things up. I like to eat it right out of the oven while it is still warm topped with a frosting made up of Greek yogurt, milk and a little powdered sugar.  It is delicious and keeps me full for quite awhile. A win-win in my book!


No comments:

Post a Comment