Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Spinning at Home

Yesterday, I started the day with this yummy breakfast.


I eat peanut butter and banana toast almost every morning. Lately, I've been eating it on rice cakes. I've actually prefer the lightly salty taste and crunch that the rice cake adds. Yum!

My workout was sort of a hodgepodge of different exercises. I started by mowing half the lawn. Yes, only half. It started to rain. And no, I have not finished the other half yet. I am 'that' neighbor. Sigh. Anyways, then I did a 40 minute spin class at home. There is an awesome app called Global Cycle Coach that you can download. It is free but each class that you purchase is $1.99. Once you've paid for a class it is added to your library and you can use it at any time. There are a number of different coaches to choose from as well as levels of expertise from beginner to advanced. I like to add spinning to my weekly workouts as it gives my knees a break. It is a great low impact 40-minute workout. After spinning, I tried to fit in a little yoga, but I didn't get very far before my baby woke up. Below are my calories burned for yesterday.


For dinner, I made one of our favorites: Chicken Parmesean Meatloaf Muffins.  This is another delicious recipe found on the Emily Bites blog that I mentioned yesterday. These little babies are only 147 calories a piece. I had two teamed with broccoli and roasted veggies. It definitely hit the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment