Monday, July 8, 2013

50 Day Challenge

It's Monday and man am I sad to say goodbye to the weekend! It was filled to the brim with BBQ's, fireworks, concerts, friends visiting from out of town and a day at the pool. Oh, and did I mention food? Lots and lots of food. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed every minutes (or bite) of it but I am never going to lose that last 10 pounds (10.4 to be exact) if I don't show a little control. My week days are usually pretty good but once the weekend hits it is a free-for-all. I'm not kidding!

I have a family reunion coming up over Labor Day weekend and I've decided to do a 50 day challenge between now and then. My plan is to get some form of exercise every day between now and then. It can be running, weight lifting, yoga, workout videos, walking or even mowing the lawn. I just need to get out and move every day for the next 50 days. I also plan to eat a little healthier.I love the My Fitness Pal app and plan to watch my calorie intake while trying to eliminate a lot of processed junk. I'm not perfect and I don't know if I can ever fully move to a strict Paleo or clean eating diet but I'd like to move in that direction. Everything in moderation my friends.

Just a couple of the things that I'll be using along my journey are the Polar FT4 Women's Heart Rate Monitor Watch and My Fitness Pal. I love both of these handy little helpers and will go into more detail on these in later posts. 

Have you ever done a challenge like this? If so, what were your results? How did you stay motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment