Tuesday, July 9, 2013

One Down, Forty-Nine to Go!

Yesterday was the first day of my 50-day challenge and I spent it at the gym on the treadmill. I ran 4 miles in 32 minutes and 40 seconds. I wasn't able to take a picture of it because I was too busy trying to catch my breath afterwards. It wasn't my fastest run but it was close. Below is a picture from last weeks's run. It may be my best run yet and is now my new goal to beat. 

I've been going for speed lately as opposed to distance. I'm a lot faster on a treadmill than I am outside. For one, I can set my pace and turn it up or down. When running outside you have to deal with varying inclines, wind, heat, etc. I'm a fair-weather runner. It has to be the perfect temperature or I'm inside in an air-conditioned room. I have to start running outside soon though. I'm signed up for Mudfactor in August and I also plan to run the Monster Glow Dash in October. So bare with me while I transition to outside running every once in awhile. It's going to be painful!

Have I mentioned how much I love my Polar Ft4 Women's Heart Rate Monitor? Not only can I keep my heart rate in check but it also helps to keep me motivated during a workout. Below are my calories burned from yesterday's run. 




As for food, I was kind of all over the place yesterday. I had a yummy Chobani Flip for breakfast with coffee. I love the Coco Loco flavor. Coconut and chocolate. Can there be a better combination? Maybe peanut butter and banana, but I'll leave that for tomorrow's post. 




For dinner I tried out the Bubble Up Enchilada Casserole from the Emily Bites blog. If you haven't checked out her blog you should head over there now. Especially if you follow the Weight Watchers plan. She includes Nutritional Info for each recipe along with WW points. I've tried a handful of her recipes and so far every one of them has been a winner and last night's meal was no exception. It was easy and delicious! I  made some guacamole with peppers and cilantro from my own plants to go on the side. The whole meal was a huge success!

No comments:

Post a Comment