Monday, July 15, 2013

Week One Complete

Well I made it through the first week of my 50 day challenge. Sunday was one of the nicer days we've had lately. Sunny and warm so I went to the pool with my family. We walked to the pool and played with the girls for a couple hours and that was my activity for the day. It wasn't a blood-pumping, exhilarating workout but it I knew there would be days that I would want to focus on family time during this challenge and that was why I added things like walking to my activity list. It was a nice change of pace and gave my body a little rest.

My diet for the week was great...until the weekend. Again, I threw all of that hard work out the window as soon as Friday hit. I think my biggest problem is wanting to play with the husband when he is home. We enjoy having drinks, eating ice cream with the girls, stopping for pizza after a day at the pool, etc. So my goal this week (along with the physical aspects of the challenge) is to keep an eye on what I'm putting in my mouth. It can't be a free for all or I will never lose that last 10 pounds. I may be gaining muscle but it is never going to show if I can't get the body fat down. 


A friend pinned this quote from Jillian Michael's on Pinterest yesterday and it hit close to home. I can do this. I know I can. I just have to find the motivation to get it done. 

I picked up some Chia Seeds this weekend. I've heard so many great things about them and I can't believe I've waited this long to try them. If you've thought about adding these healthy little rock stars to your diet but haven't made the jump, check out some of their health benefits. There are a ton of ways you can incorporate them in your diet. I added them to a jar of overnight oats. I know I'm a little late to the game, but this is my first time trying overnight oats and I'm super excited! Not only do I not only do I love oatmeal but I'm also pretty attracted to the idea of not having to get up and cook breakfast in the morning. I used what I had on hand (Greek strawberry-banana yogurt, fresh blueberries, vanilla, cinnamon, milk and quick oats) for my first jar and it was delicious (although next time I will use a different Greek yogurt since strawberry banana isn't my favorite)! I can't wait to try out some of these recipes found over at BuzzFeed Food. I mean seriously, Strawberry Rhubarb or Coconut-Almond-Cacao? Drooling over here!

What is your favorite way to use Chia Seeds? Have you ever tried out the overnight oats in a jar?

I'm off to go running! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment